Friday 2 April 2010

Microbiology education and social media

 
 

Sent to you by David Andrew via Google Reader:

 
 

via virology blog by Vincent Racaniello on 01/04/10

At the Spring 2010 meeting of the Society for General Microbiology In Edinburgh I spoke about 'Social Media in Microbiology Education and Research'. In my presentation I reviewed how I use blogging, podcasting, and other social media tools to teach the public about viruses.

Below is a video recording of my presentation. Many thanks to Prof. AJ Cann for the opportunity to speak about our efforts. I also enjoyed excellent presentations by Prof. Graham Hatfull, Cameron Neylon, Kevin Emamy of citeulike, and Jason Hoyt of Mendeley.


Download: .wmv (119 MB) | .mp4 (28 MB)


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment