Monday 28 May 2012

Fwd: 'Proving peer-instruction actually works'



-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 'Proving peer-instruction actually works'
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 19:33:16 +0100
From: Phil Race <phil@PHIL-RACE.CO.UK>
Reply-To: Phil Race <phil@PHIL-RACE.CO.UK>
To: SEDA@JISCMAIL.AC.UK


Bob Farmer kindly sent me the link below to Eric Mazur's lecture
 
The lecture last nearly 80 minutes including questions, but is well worth a look, particularly for anyone looking for statistical evidence that making lectures interactive really works in terms of increased student learning. Of particular interest to me is Eric's comments towards the end that the assessment needs to be changed to drive learning successfully. Science colleagues may also find some of the content of particular interest.
cheers,
Phil
__________________________________
Professor Phil Race
BSc PhD PGCE FCIPD SFHEA NTF
Visiting Professor: University of Plymouth, and University Campus, Suffolk
Emeritus Professor: Leeds Metropolitan University
Adjunct Professor: James Cook University, Northern Queensland
Adjunct Professsor: University of Central Queensland
 
(home address is in Newcastle-upon-Tyne - please email  me for this if you need to send anything by post). Normally best contact me by email - I'm rarely at my phone! Please note that I've now changed my mobile phone number - email me if you need the new one.
 
______________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment